Newbie here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys my name is chris, I'm new here. I have a question maybe y'all can help me out.
I have a mares 1st stage model #sm10524
I got it second hand and serviced at my dive shop, and have been diving on them pretty regularly since Oct.
I just got hp steel 120s and I was told my 1st stage can't handle the hp for too much longer, however ive been diving steels 100s but I can't find no documentation about that
Any ideas??????

Hey guys my name is chris, I'm new here. I have a question maybe y'all can help me out.
I have a mares 1st stage model #sm10524
I got it second hand and serviced at my dive shop, and have been diving on them pretty regularly since Oct.
I just got hp steel 120s and I was told my 1st stage can't handle the hp for too much longer, however ive been diving steels 100s but I can't find no documentation about that
Any ideas??????

Seems surprising. Is it possible your yoke is only "rated" for low pressure tanks?

My guess is someone is trying to sell you a new first stage?

Do you have a photo of the reg, I don't know anything by the serial number.

Sorry this isn't more helpful.
Cameron

Cameron is on the right track.
You didn't specify reg model or tank working pressures so this is just a swag example, I googled this info so don't take it as correct.

Mares Abyss models have a 200 Bar pressure rating. That's about 2900PSI. If your tanks are rated for - and you have a compressor that can fill them higher - I've seen some HP tanks rated as high as 3400psi so there could be a problem with using them.

Also if your used reg is an older model it may be rated for less. If you know the reg model mares.com has a downloadable manual for many of their models which should list the working pressure for yours,

If it's a yoke model it may be stamped on the yoke itself - IDK how they mark DIN models.

If it's a yoke model it may be stamped on the yoke itself - IDK how they mark DIN models.

The DIN connection is not marked, there are two different DIN connection, the shorter 200 (240) bar and the longer 300 bar, the shorter do not bottom (and seal) in a deeper 300 bar valve, but the longer 300 bar connection do seal in both types of valves.

Most 1st stages has the 300 bar connection. and we use the 200 bar valve on tanks up to 240 bar. (everything under 240bar is lp ;-) )

200 bar is ~2900 psi
240 bar is ~3480 psi
300 bar is ~4350 psi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom