newbie help - Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a big fan of disposables as a nice cheap option just as long as you are aware of what to expect. I wouldn't really want to use one in anything more than 40' deep, but for shallow work with good visibility and bright sunlight they can produce some good results.

The major drawback I find is that the focal length sucks and the view hole is so small its a pita trying to frame anything.

One of my attempts with a disposable

Thanks for that info. That quality of photo is all I was hoping for in this case. Benzonar - what type of disposable were you using? Does anyone think there is a quality difference between diving disposables and regular underwater disposables - Besides the price? I did use a regular underwater at 30 feet on a discover scuba dive about 10 years ago in Aruba. The photos came out pretty well, all things considered, but I thought maybe a flash-enabled diving camera would do a better job. Especially at 40-50 feet. Thoughts, anyone?

Chris

The disposable used was just a bog standard Fuji rated to 10m.

I was probably at about 6m when that was taken, but the water was very clear, strong sunlight, and the bottom substrate was highly reflective white sand. Believe me, a lot of the pics that came out were not much cop.

Its really a case of what you want. If you need a good quality digital camera then just make sure that there is a housing available for it. I wouldn't really think there would be much difference between a "proper" u/w camera and a disposable one unless you spend more than £200.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom