Newbie going all the way to DM!!! :0)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really appreciate your honesty guys! :0) Just to assure you, I am very commited to the idea to teaching others, passing on my enthusiasm and of course I have done alot of thinking about my decision to do all the courses in one go. I am not rushing it by any means - I'm planning on doing lots of fun dives between the courses (because of course the idea is to overall enjoy the experience?!?).

Have you any tips on insurance?

That's great to hear!

I'm not to familiar with the difference insurances. I went with the DAN Master Plan (their middle range plan) because DAN was the insurance I got signed up for during my Basic class. I chose the Master plan because it included emergency transportation coverage, lost diving gear (due to diving accident) as well as non-diving emergency coverage (compared to their Standard plan).

When you're a DM you'll need to get liability insurance as well in order to work as a DM. Either your job will cover you over an umbrella policy or you'll need to purchase your own through your agency or through a private insurance company.

I really appreciate your honesty guys! :0) Just to assure you, I am very commited to the idea to teaching others, passing on my enthusiasm and of course I have done alot of thinking about my decision to do all the courses in one go. I am not rushing it by any means - I'm planning on doing lots of fun dives between the courses (because of course the idea is to overall enjoy the experience?!?).

Have you any tips on insurance?

That would depend on what agency your going to be certified thru, NAUI and PADI both offer insurance to their dive professionals... I would do some serious research on PADI Insurance before buying for reasons not needed to be stated on this thread... Info on that is already listed in multiple threads on this site. I guess the question that needs to be asked is what kind of insurance are you looking for? Personal or professional?

Hmmm I guess its personal to start off with (until I reach DM then it would be professional???)...Brendan - I see you've commented on my other thread - I don't know exactly how this forum stuff works? Its ok to post more than one thread right? lol

BTW I'm going through PADI.... :0)

BTW I'm going through PADI.... :0)

I work on the NAUI side of things, My comments on that topic are not appropriate for this thread. All that really matters is, you strive to be the best at what ever you do regardless of the agency you are certified thru.... Huh... That last part ryhmes... Didnt mean to.. Could put that in a scuba song LOL.

Hmmm I guess its personal to start off with (until I reach DM then it would be professional???)...Brendan - I see you've commented on my other thread - I don't know exactly how this forum stuff works? Its ok to post more than one thread right? lol

Then for now I would suggest purchasing insurance thru DAN.

Fab thanks :0) So where are you based? I'm guessing your a DM?

Post as many threads as you like in the appropriate area, you have 2 that are the same topic. Not really necessary. Now you have to look at both to see your responses. A moderator may feel the need to remove one, then you will lose responses from that portion. Not saying they will or wont, just possible. Not sure exactly what the rule is on that.

Fab thanks :0) So where are you based? I'm guessing your a DM?

Instructor, South Florida. If you want to see info like that, click on persons name and look up public info. Just for future Ref. If you want any specifics from me other then what you have asked for in your thread send private message. This area has special rules to abide by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom