Newbie goes to DIR-F (the prologue)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings one and all! As I celebrate my 100th post it seemed high time I say high to the board “officially.”

I’m a new diver located in So. Cal. having gotten my OW last March on one of those wonderful $79 specials (but hey, it got me diving!). Since I couldn’t really make up my mind from that if I liked diving and having no dive buddies I signed up for AOW, night diver, deep diver and finally Nitrox. While at Catalina during my deep diver class I ran into a couple of GUE DIR Tech divers who piqued my interest. Then in February I found Scuba Board and ultimately read SeaJay’s post on his DIR-F experience. Well, I’m not really sure why, but that renewed my interest in the class and the rest is history.

FYI, for those interested I’ll be writing up my DIR-F experience from a Newbie’s perspective later today in Basic Scuba Discussions.

~<//><

Cool, look forward to reading it.

I'm supposed to be going to a DIR-F class here later this summer so, your writeup should be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom