Newbie from Va

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzerlou

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone,
I'm new to diving but have been wanting to learn since I was a kid.
Time and money have kept me from it,I have a lot of hobbies, but a very good friend of mine has been diving for years and he GAVE ME his old gear( he works part time in a dive shop and has lots of gear) so that I could learn to dive and go diving with him.
I hope to start classes soon and get certified before the end of summer.
I'm going to the Bamaha's next spring and I'm looking forward to diving and doing some fishing while I'm there .
I can't wait!!!!!
I'm looking forward to picking y'alls brains so I can learn all I can and be a safe, responsible diver.
Thanks for having me,
Lou
BTW, Id like to show y'all my gear, where should I post the pics?
Thanks

Last edited:
I got some good news today..
I was able to sell off some tools I don't use anymore and that gets me a little cl9ser to bag ng the money for my wetsuit and lessons, please keep wishing me luck thatni can put it all together so I can get certified before summer iß over!!!!

Sounds good. Be mindful that the Bahamas are far enough north that the water there gets pretty cold in winter; you might check into how it varies with time of year. I'd probably be looking at a summer trip, but I don't like wearing a full wetsuit.

Richard.

Thanks drrich, but we won a cruse and the only time we can go is during spring break.
My wife is a school teacher and you can't go on the cruse over Christmas + I'll be diving locally in fresh water so a wetsuit is a must.
The trip to the Bahama's is just a bonus.
Looking forward to diving the Cooper with my two buddies who are veterans diving it.
Lou

---------- Post added August 22nd, 2015 at 01:00 AM ----------

Last edited:
I got some good news today..
I was able to sell off some tools I don't use anymore and that gets me a little cl9ser to bag ng the money for my wetsuit and lessons, please keep wishing me luck thatni can put it all together so I can get certified before summer iß over!!!!

Sounds like you're on your way!

PS - welcome to SB.

Ray

Thanks guys, I'm scrimpin and savin,sellin you name it to get in the water LOL:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom