Newbie from New England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrotherBear

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hiya folks, I just joined this board and figured I better post a note here so the forum would quit nagging me!
I have been a resort diver for many years and finally took the plunge (pun intended) this fall in Aruba. I got my PADI OW certification from Mermaid Divers, a GREAT bunch of folks...thank you again Bero!
So far I have made 5 dives as a certified diver, almost as many as I did resort dives :shocked2: before my certification.
For the forseeable future I will be diving exclusively in Aruba during our semi-annual vacations there. I'm hoping to be able to try other locales after I retire and I'm further hoping that will be sooner than later!!
Anyway, I will be mostly lurking here looking for tips and info until I can find a way to dive more often. FWIW my current challenge is breath control and bouyancy...I think I figured out a few things since I last dove and I'm itching to try them out.

Hey, Welcome aboard....Pun intended

Are you looking to go diving up here in the northeast or are you thinking about staying in the Caribbean? If you are looking to dive locally here let me know, I am down (again pun intended) too diving any time.

As far as your breath control, one thing will help and one thing alone.....ready here is the big secret.......Go diving, as often as you can, go diving. If you get a chance to jump in a pool for any reason where you can strap your gear on your back, do it. Only time under water will help. Oh one more thing, I found the more that I concentrated on trying to breath right, the more I messed it up. I am pretty sure you have been breathing pretty succesfully since the day you were born. For me when I stopped thinking about it.....it got better. I know I know, it cant be that easy, it is. So if you ever want to work on that, let me know. I would love to go diving...

Hope to talk to you soon,

Later,

Dan

Welcome aboard!

Welcome,

Once it warms up (late May/June) you might want to consider diving in Cape Ann. There are some nice, easy dives like Back Beach just over an hour away. Or drive up to Nubble Light in southern Maine. Also nice, easy dive. The practice will make your warm water diving better and both are reasonable in a 7M wetsuit in the summer.

Welcome to the board. If you can dive when it warms up it will help your warm vacation diving out by diving as much as you can. Just look at it as a investment toward your vacation. It will help your bottom time out and your confedence.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom