Newbie from CT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-sass

Wreckmaniac Extrordinaire
Reaction score
Hello All,
Wow, this is a great board! Lots of good info, especialy for us newbies. I just posted a question in the "new 2 scuba" section, but realized I should probably introduce myself here as well.

My partner and I just received OW cert in October here in CT-USA. We figured if we could dive in 44 degree water with 6 inch vis, we coulD dive (almost) anywhere!

We're both in our late 30's, and decided to try scuba diving on a whim - prompted by two vacations we have planned in the coming months. We'll be in the Carribean December 14 - 23, and for our 20th Anniversary we have 2 weeks in Tahiti during March 2002. We figured with destinations like that, we HAD to get underwater!

The Carribean will be fun, but we'll be cruising with my Mom, Sister and B-in-law, so it should be "interesting".... It's also really being overshadowed by our Tahiti plans. In March, we'll have 1.5 days in Tahiti (due to air schedules, not our choice), then 4 nights in Manihi (chosen because our cruise ship doesn't go there, and the diving is supposed to be fabulous) and finish with a 7-night cruise on the Radisson's Paul Gauguin. I promise trip reports upon our return!

Sorry, I just realized how "braggy" this sounds and I didn't mean it to come out that way. We're just REALLY EXCITED about scuba in general, and our upcoming trips! Any thoughts or suggestions on our destinations from you scuba-pro's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the great posts!

Scuba-sass,
Welcome from NJ!
You are at the best place for scuba info!
Also, don't worry about sounding like you are bragging-"newbie enthusiasm" is always welcome. In fact, there is an awful lot of enthusiasm around here from people who are years removed from being new to diving-it's part of the fun.
Enjoy your trip, and the dives that go with it, and don't hesitate to ask questions-we have all done so at one time or another.
Again, welcome to the Board, and good Luck,
Miked

and Welcome from ARIZONA the all beach no ocean state

to be enthused agian

I can relate to the BinLAW thing :)

and a warm welcome from north of the 49th! Bragging rights have been earned --- just make sure after your trips you tell us "non-travelling types" all about them.

Big hello from yet another newbie.

It looks like we found a new and exiting thing to do. Every day out of the water, looks like a week for me now, and I don't even like to get wet !!!

This is really a great board to join. I looked around the net for a while - nothing like it.

Ari =-)

Welcome to the boards. Radisson is a fantastic cruise line. We have had people on the Paul G, and the new ship the Mariner.
They said the diving in Tahiti was fantastic. You'll love Bora Bora too.
Have fun!

Welcome from the cold water diving capital of the world, The Pacific Northwest! Be careful the warm water will ruin you to cold water diving! I know, I lost my wife as a dive buddy after taking her to Grand Cayman.

Scott:jester:

Hi, and Welcome, from Rochester NY.

Sounds like a great trip, Enjoy!!

I didn't take it as bragging.
The wife and I just returned from 3 weeks diving Grand Bahama. Some people think that sounds like bragging, but I'm just sharing what we did.

Be careful typing your name. if you get the - and the second s backwards they'll think your at the back of the pack. :D:

Also don't get spoiled in that nice clear warm water. My wife doesn't care much for diving near home after diving in the Caribean.

Looking forward to your trip report.

Thanks, Tavi! Believe me, I thought of that before choosing my user-name. (Althought not the creative "hindsight" interpretation!) :eek: I had to use it though, many moons ago, "Sassy" was my Girls Scout camp-name. I'll leave it to your imagination what I was like at age 8, and remember - as we age, we're just like ourselves, only more so!

My partner's Mom lives in Rochester, so we're up that way pretty frequently. What are the dive sights like in that area? Besides cold, dark and basically brown that is....

It's really great to "meet" everyone this way, Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom