Newbie Cobra question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spray25

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Cobra computer I have not yet used. (I have just started my OW classes) The instructions aren't always as clear as they could be. So I am wondering... Let's say I make a dive and then surface and want to dive again. Do I use the SIMPLAN to put in a surface interval and then the planned depth of my next dive? This is probably a dumb question, but it isn't clear in the instructions.

Thank you in advance...

Otherwise the Cobra will automatically turn on and record your dives as you make them. They will give you depth, air pressure, temp, time of dive, time till deco and time of air left. On ascent it will moniter your ascent rate... slow down there when she beeps! If you get the optional PC interface (which is simple and good) you will be able to annotate your dives to a high level. You will also be able to see your sac, and just how long that safety stop really was. Its a great computer, and I love mine.

But I'm still confused a little... How do I know how long to stay on the surface before my second dive.

There are several ways to determine your minimum surface interval. Of course, the agency minimum (and most boats) is an hour. This may have to be lengthened depending on how deep and how long you want to stay down on your subsequent dives. Using tables to determine this will cause much longer SITs or much shorter bottom time as they do not track the dive as a multi level dive. This should be covered in your BOW class.

Your Cobra is designed to factor in your previous dive(s) automatically when you enter plan mode. Put in how deep and how long you plan on staying and use a one hour SIT to begin with. If you are not in deco, then great! If you are close or in deco, then plug in a longer SIT or a shorter bottom time and repeat until you get where you want to be. Be conservative... don't push tables or your dive computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom