Newbie Choosing a Dive Insurance Plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been thinking of getting insurance coverage for dive accidents / injuries since our close call in Verde Is. 2 weeks ago. (effing down current!).

I'm an average 'vacation' diver and I'm considering getting the DAN 'Master' Dive Injury Insurance Plan which covers the basics (DCI, death, disability), so I think this is a good enough coverage for a recreational diver like me.

However, it's maximum diving depth for coverage is 50M. I know I won't be diving that deep and will not plan on doing so, but after being pulled in a crazy down current 2 weeks ago, I'm also looking at the 'Preffered' plan which has no depth limits for coverage.

What are the main considerations in choosing a dive insurance plan?
Talk to your insurance broker or carrier. Most of the "dive insurance" and this includes DAN is secondary insurance, it does nothing for you until you use/exhaust your primary insurance. It is often much more economic to beef up your primary policy than to buy on the secondary market.

Been wanting to get DAN, but it seems they don't have any sales agents here in PH. If anybody knows an agent, can you PM me his contact details. Just wanna clarify something posted in their website.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom