Newbie camera equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bali for a week of land based diving followed by a liveaboard in Komodo.

Not sure I know what your first sentence means, but I will keep track of this thread and look into everyone's recommendations. Thanks!

Well, for camera's, the Fuji F80 with a fuji housing takes great pictures. The S90 (have two of them) is also nice, and the Pany already pointed out. The lowest cost would be the Fuji, best video, the Panasonic and best stills, the S90 (but it does not do HD video).

The tray and arms is the thing you mount the camera to if you use a strobe. The tray is what the camera UW housing attaches to, the "arms" are what hold the strobe. If you are just shooting without an extra strobe, then don't need.

I am a long time diver but would like to get into taking pictures.
I have look on line at serveral cameras. Not sure what to buy. The SeaLive DC 1200 Elite looks cool as well as the Canon.
Can anyone make some suggestions.
Dan

I preorderd the Sealife DC 1200 Elite in February. It was supposed to ship out in March, then they changed the date to the beginning of April. Long story short (and a lot of changed dates later) I STILL do not have my camera. I purchased (AND YES,PAID FOR!) it to take on a trip that I have planned for June 1. They just sent me notice yesterday that the item has been backordered again. It won't make it to me in time, now. I am disgusted. Apparently, this is a big problem with Sealife. Just a head's up, because it makes me wonder what the service would be like. Will it take 4 or 5 months for them to adress your problems or questions?
That being said, if I ever do get the camera, I will lt you know what I think of it!
I, like you, wanted to start out my UW photog using a simple camera.
I shoot with a Canon 50D on land, so this may be a big adjustment for me, but I like all of the features on the DC 1200. CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HAND ON IT! :D

Back
Top Bottom