Newbee leaving on Saturday for first dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hochhauser

Contributor
Reaction score
I split my time between Paramus, NJ and Barryville
# of dives
50 - 99
We are heading out this Saturday for our first dive vacation after certification. We have already booked with Christi at Bluextsea and will be staying at Villa Dos.

Any last minute advice? (I feel like that kid on the Disney commercial ... I'm so excited I can't sleep)

We all understand the excitement, even us Cozumel veterans can't sleep for days before we leave.
You'll be in good hands with Christi, everyone really likes her dive op.
As for the diving, no advice except enjoy. It's like my wife said after her first dive there "Wow, the colors! It's like being in a National Geographic magazine!
Top side some good places to eat are Prima's, northern itallian, French Quarter, try the Mayan Valcano dissert!, Rock 'n Java, for any meal also great disserts or just stop in and get a chocolate,ecspresso and macadameian nut shake (oh my God!!), Ernesto's fajita factory also any meal, Casa Denis, very good seafood specializing in snapper, Captain Navagante specializing in Grouper.
If you have time rent a jeep one day and drive around the island, stop at Coconuts for a good lunch and great margaritas!!!! be very careful, when the waiter puts them down he usually says "good night"!
Have a great trip and happy diving!!
THE SHARK

Hochhauser:
We are heading out this Saturday for our first dive vacation after certification. We have already booked with Christi at Bluextsea and will be staying at Villa Dos.

Any last minute advice? (I feel like that kid on the Disney commercial ... I'm so excited I can't sleep)

Nice villa rental. Can't go wrong there. You are gonna love it!

sharky60:
We all understand the excitement, even us Cozumel veterans can't sleep for days before we leave.
You'll be in good hands with Christi, everyone really likes her dive op.
As for the diving, no advice except enjoy. It's like my wife said after her first dive there "Wow, the colors! It's like being in a National Geographic magazine!
Top side some good places to eat are Prima's, northern itallian, French Quarter, try the Mayan Valcano dissert!, Rock 'n Java, for any meal also great disserts or just stop in and get a chocolate,ecspresso and macadameian nut shake (oh my God!!), Ernesto's fajita factory also any meal, Casa Denis, very good seafood specializing in snapper, Captain Navagante specializing in Grouper.
If you have time rent a jeep one day and drive around the island, stop at Coconuts for a good lunch and great margaritas!!!! be very careful, when the waiter puts them down he usually says "good night"!
Have a great trip and happy diving!!
THE SHARK

I gotta agree here.....rent a car for a day or two and go explore the other side of the Island and go into town to eat(the restaurants are unbelievable good) too many good ones to mention. I'll be in Coz for the fifth time in 6 years for 11 days this January to dive and eat and enjoy the Island. People ask me why don't I go elsewhere...I just haven't got tired of going to Cozumel. You're going to love the Island.

Hochhauser:
Sorry, I wasn't real clear here. I've been to Cozumel 4 times prior. This is my first dive trip :) ... but love all the info... keep it coming if anyone has any recommendations.

Some would say that if you have been to Cozumel but haven't dove there then you haven't really been to Cozumel.

Tim Ingersoll:
Some would say that if you have been to Cozumel but haven't dove there then you haven't really been to Cozumel.

Ditto. I got to agree. The first time I went to Cozumel I was a non diver and I loved the Island, but told myself If I went back it would be as a diver. Now a few dive certifications later I am still going back and seeing reefs that most who vist the Island never see.

Alcina too bad your experience wasn't more positive. Usually when travelling to the other side of the Island most locals at the beach stops are very friendly.

Hochhauser:

dive safe, have fun...youll always remember ur first real dive trip

I get picked up in two hours. I'm so excited I can't sleep :) ... I told you I was like that kid on the Disney commercial.

Emily Dickenson's poem sums it up... just change out from land to under sea....

Exultation is the going
Of an inland soul to sea,
Past the houses -- past the headlands --
Into deep Eternity --

Bred as we, among the mountains,
Can the sailor understand
The divine intoxication
Of the first league out from land?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom