newbe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Considering buying equipment for our upcoming trip to HI where we will be completing our dive certification. Still waivering on wether or not to purchase our own equipment. My son is in the growing mode at 11 years old and I'm hopefully in the holding mode. Any thoughts?

You should ask one of the mods to move your thread to "general equipment discussions", this sub forum is dedicated to Sealife photography gear, and you won't get a lot of helpful responses here.

Welocome to SCUBA BOARD.
I would just buy the BASICS (SNORKLE , FINS , MASK) You cuold buy a good set up of 1st stage ,second stage and octo The rest you can get after you get some dive . And you figure out what you want and how you will be diving ,and where . all these things will change what you need and what you like . If you will be a vacation diver will dictate how much you dive . If you only dive on vacation 1 or 2 a year it may not be wirth your money to buy . it can be expensive and a pain to take all your gear with you . If you will do a lot of diving localy this will show you that you may need a good cold water wet suite . and will be wirth you time and money . I would dive for a while and find what you like and fitts your stile of diving and needs

good luck

Back
Top Bottom