Newark to Bonaire Redeye Flght-Traffic??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbb97fxdwg

Reaction score
Hi Fellow SB's,
Thinking about taking Cont. Redeye from Newark-Bonaire this july. Can anyone enlighten me on the traffic around Newark Airport on a Sat. night around 7pm? We live three hours away and want to have ample time to park and make our flight but don't want to spend 3-4 hours sitting in airport. As always,thanks.

MBB

Hi MBB!

Originally from NJ, I have a lot of experience with Newark Airport. If you are going to use long term parking, you will definitely want to arrive early...The long term parking is quite a ways away, and they have a shuttle service that will bring you to the airport. I would say you can plan on a minimum of 1/2 hour to 1 hour getting from your car to the terminal. This is basically determined by how many stops the shuttle has to make at the long term parking and each terminal.

I don't think you are going to have a lot of problems with check in at the late time of night, or going through security.

I personally would allow 3 hour-3.5 hour arrival prior to departure of flight.

Relax, bring a book incase you are ahead of schedule and relax...you are on your way to Bonaire!

Liz

I fly out of Newark and we avoid the airport parking. We use Avistar (the Haynes Ave location) and it makes it so much easier. You can get coupons online and it's less then 5 minutes to get from their lot to the terminal. www.avistarparking.com/Home.aspx

The turnpike around Newark won't be bad at all on a Saturday around 7pm. We usually plan on getting to the terminal about 2 hrs in advance, which is always sufficient even during peak travel hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom