New

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ems_is_4_me

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My name is josh from central oklahoma. I just got my cert and am new to sb i found yall and just wanted to say hi

Hi, Josh
Welcome to the board! This is a great place to make contacts (a lot of us in north/central Texas dive routinely in Oklahoma. There are some other groups you might want to check out, too. Christian Divers of Oklahoma (CDOO) is an active diving group out of Oklahoma City (they're good friends with Christian Divers of Texas-CDOT-a group to which I belong). We get together for some dives from time to time, and you are welcome to come dive with us. Do a search for dive dates, etc...

And of course a lot of us swampers try to dive as much as we can, and you're welcome there too. Hope to see you underwater sometime!

Welcome to the Board, Josh. :D
Nice of you to drop by the Swamper Forum!
Have fun and safe diving :wink:

Josh, Welcome! My wife and I live just over the boarder into Texas. We dive up at lake Murray quite a bit every year, and we try to make it up to Broken Bow at least once a year. If you don't mind dark, low viz diving, you're welcome to come down and take a dip in Texoma, but not until the water clears a bit. Right now it would be like diving in chocolate milk. You didn't say exactly where you live, but within an hour and a half of the border is Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell Tx. It's a great place for some easy decent viz diving.

We usually post when we are going someplace, so just keep an eye on the boards or pm me anytime. Would love to have you along on some dives!

I live at a little town called sasakwa but no one now were or what it is. I live about 20 miles north of ada . I am about 2-3 hours frpm cssp and am planning on going there some time this summer and thanks for the info for the oklahoma csd i was hoping to find a group like that in oklahoma

There will be folks down at CSSP for Mem Day weekend for sure if you want to come down :)

Hey Josh!
Given where you live, your two best dive options are Lake Murray and Tenkiller. A whole gaggle of us regularly run bootleg raids over the border to dive Lake Murray.

On occassion, a few of us will venture up to Tenkiller. There is a somewhat active group of divers scattered around Tulsa, Stillwater, and OKC that regularly make runs over to Tenkiller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom