New Zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been looking online at the Zena and noticed that the picture of it posted on scuba.com is different from the one on scubatoys as well as the zeagle website. The one on scuba.com shows bungee cord around the bladder and a lumbar pad. Is this because they are adding extras to it or is this just a picture of the newest version?

many tanks

My Zena is 5 years old and has the bungies pictured in the Scuba.com picture.

I think the difference is that the Zena on ScubaToys' and Zeagle's websites has an empty bladder, where the one on Scuba.com is fully inflated. When the wing is empty you don't see the bungies, whereas when it's fully inflated, you do.

The lumbar pad is definitely new as of DEMA this year.

I wanted D rings at the shoulders too, and didn't like how they hung from the ends of the straps, so I simply rethreaded and moved them from the ends of the straps to right next to the BC. I am able to secure my octo there now, and really prefer it that way. It was very easy to do, if you look at it you can see how to do it.

I want them both at the end of the strap and higher up as well. Since you were able to re-thread them I should be able to do the same and then add more at the end. Are they stainless steel or plastic? On some of the pics of the bc they look silver like steel and on other pics they appear black which would lead me to think plastic.

Mine are plastic, but again, my Zena is almost 5 years old so that might have changed....though I'd say based on Zeagle's website, they are still plastic.

Back
Top Bottom