New York Scuba Park?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Are there any Scuba diving park in the state of New York - Anywhere?

What do you mean by SCUBA park? Like a Quary, such as Dutch Springs? I am not aware of one, but there are many Lakes and Rivers that can be dived. I see you have New York as your locations, where abouts are you located?

NINman:
What do you mean by SCUBA park? Like a Quary, such as Dutch Springs? I am not aware of one, but there are many Lakes and Rivers that can be dived. I see you have New York as your locations, where abouts are you located?

I am here for college and still here in New York - living in Rochester, NY.

I know there are many lakes around here. I am just a newbie to diving - need some experiences.

Well welcome to SB, Rochester is a ways out for me. There are a few clubs in the area. Do a google.com search for them and hook up. That would be the best way to get some local diving in. Hope this helps.

wildmtn:
I am here for college and still here in New York - living in Rochester, NY.

I know there are many lakes around here. I am just a newbie to diving - need some experiences.

Hey Wildmtn, I went to school at RIT, are you familiar with that school? Unfortunatly when I was up there I didnt not do any diving (no time) but if I were to go back I would try and dive Lake Ontario. If you do, let me know how is was.

Gerard

I am moving to Rochester in 3 weeks to go to school at RIT. PM me if you find anything interesting. My real estate agent is a diver, so I should at least have an intro to some of the sites. I will be looking for dive buddies when I get there.

Brian

bbiesenkamp:
I am moving to Rochester in 3 weeks to go to school at RIT. PM me if you find anything interesting. My real estate agent is a diver, so I should at least have an intro to some of the sites. I will be looking for dive buddies when I get there.

Brian

NINMan, yes - she meant to ask about a place in NY that is alike Dutch Springs.

Hey Gerard and Brian, Jackie (wildmtn) and I are RIT Students. We currently are living together on campus at RIT and are diving buddies. (for those who don't know what RIT is, it's Rochester Institute of Technology)

Brian - you're welcome to dive with us both. We do know of one dive site at Deer Run in Cananadaigua Lake and hopefully will dive there this weekend if our equipment arrives in the mail. We both also are looking around for more dive sites.

If you want to contact me, drop me a PM here, or send me an message via AIM: Yukoneer

-Matt

gerardnealon:
Hey Wildmtn, I went to school at RIT, are you familiar with that school? Unfortunatly when I was up there I didnt not do any diving (no time) but if I were to go back I would try and dive Lake Ontario. If you do, let me know how is was.

Gerard

Gerard, yes, I am a student at RIT. Sure I will let you know after I dive at Lake Ontario - will be someday soon!

bbiesenkamp:

Brian

Sure, Brian, I will let you know and you are welcome to dive with me and Yukoneer if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom