New Years Eve Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakjar

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about a New Years Eve Dive instead of my past routine of skiing on Mt. Hood.

Looking at Alki that night. Enter the water at 11:45 pm and surface shortly after midnight to the site and sounds of Seattle.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in diving instead of drinking, dancing and kissing.

If so, drop me a pm and we can talk about the possibility of the dive.

I suspect if you show up at Cove 2 much past 10:30 or so you'll have difficulty finding a place to park. I know at least three groups who are planning to be there for midnight dives. I may very well be among them ... haven't decided yet if I want to deal with the crowd.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Anybody up for New Year's Eve Day? Friday late morning or early afternoon?

NWGratefulDiver:
I suspect if you show up at Cove 2 much past 10:30 or so you'll have difficulty finding a place to park. I know at least three groups who are planning to be there for midnight dives. I may very well be among them ... haven't decided yet if I want to deal with the crowd.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What time would be the best to show up for parking that night? Also, is the area packed do to some big New Years Eve thing? Are there fireworks over Seattle?

I am up for a night dive. What time? I am also available for early afternoon dives.

Sounds like fun, but unfortunately I'm waiting on a new wetsuit and my old one is already gone, so no diving until after the New Year. Enjoy the UW bubbles for me. I'll be enjoying them topside.

After looking at all the posts from the divers who know, I have changed my dive location for New Years Eve.

Myself and some friends will be diving Redondo Beach that night. I figure there will be alot less people and traffic to deal with.

The last night dive I did there, I punched a shark in the nose due to the fact it came right at me. This night will be better, in that I will have my camera at the ready.

Anyone who wants to come to Redondo Beach on New Years is welcome to dive with us.

Have a great new year and be safe....

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom