Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divebooker.com

Contributor
Reaction score
I was dealing with the Phinisi recently on the coronavirus and the risk of customers travelling from high-risk territories. On a few incidents the staff was unprofessional in their responses and it is showing the company is valuing income more than the health and safety of the customers:
- When I asked about their policy in response to coronavirus, they copied and pasted language that the US CDC posted. That has nothing to do with the measures in Thailand.
- When the Health Minister announced a temporarily quarantine measures on travelers from high risk regions, again they won't respond to the risk of customers being stranded in a foreign country.
- When I attempted to continue the conversation about my concerns on the risk and the failure of the operator to acknowledge those risks, they simply cut off the conversation (a staff contacted me via whatsapp), concluded with a "cheers" and just referred me to the liveaboard.com agency - which they should perfectly understood the agency's protocol is always only to send any queries back to the operator. So they are pretty much sending me to a black hole. I couldn't do anything because the staff simply ignored any follow-up messages.

The whole experience is not inducing confidence that the boat operator - The Phinisi (same operator as The Junk) is taking health and safety seriously. The poor customer service is disappointing - and this has triggered me to follow up with my very first post on the forum - so I can inform fellow divers for their future consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom