New Wreck for Palawan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally see this, like many things, becoming a political issue in both handling and reporting. I will wait for the final reports of the incident to be released. Read the press reports and you can see contradicting information. Does this mean people are lying...not necessarily, it means it is best to wait for an investigation when the events and communications are put on a time line.

A GMA News story says Angelique Songco, superintendent of the TMO, said marine rangers could not communicate with the crew of the USS Guardian moments before it got grounded in the area.

“When asked if the rangers warned the USS Guardian’s crew they were nearing a protected reef, she said yes. She also said her marine park rangers had introduced themselves.”

One thing that can't be denied...the ship is on the reef and all the fines and penalties that apply should be levied and paid. I don't know anything about recovering grounded ships, I just hope the operation is done in a way that limits further damage to the reef and the surrounding environment.

This video will help explain the mentality of U.S. Naval Captain in command of a warship.

Captain Win - YouTube

Why is it that the biggest pieces of machinery in the military are driven by the youngest and most inexperienced drivers? :hm:

Tank 1.jpg

Oh how I loved being a young trooper in the U.S. Army when I was young.

~Oldbear~

This video will help explain the mentality of U.S. Naval Captain in command of a warship.

Captain Win - YouTube

Why is it that the biggest pieces of machinery in the military are driven by the youngest and most inexperienced drivers? :hm:

View attachment 145430

Oh how I loved being a young trooper in the U.S. Army when I was young.

~Oldbear~

Oh thank you that is hilarious.

In all seriousness I would like to apologize for our naval vessel running into and damaging the reef. As an American tax payer I consider them in my service. Whatever fine is levied will not nearly compensate for the damage. I am most grateful for having had the opportunity of diving Tubbataha reef in the past. Chart correctness or not, this incident will pretty much end the commander's carreer advancement.

Isnt the US in a recession? Shouldnt the excess money spent on maintaining this warship be going into alleviating unemployment or helping the homeless? Now to top matters up they have to pay a fine for the damages lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom