New Whites Fusion Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Shhhhh....don't tell anyone....

Here is your leak everybody! Whites now has a new drysuit boot available for the Fusion! This allows your sock to fit inside the boot, and attaches the boot to your suit...so you now have attached boots!! Pretty sweet!!!

At the same price as the Evo 3 boots, its really nice!

The best thing is its narrower so you can use your existing fins! Think DUI turbo soles on steroids....and removable if you need something more substantial for the environment

https://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/whitesnewfusionboot-p-2622.html

More info coming soon....I just got this and wanted to share :D

Attachments

• 3724330317_89acf0afe6_b.jpg
    3724330317_89acf0afe6_b.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 3724328945_11450e66a9.jpg
    3724328945_11450e66a9.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 131
Looks cool. I like the support of the EVO3 boots but it would be nice to not have to horse around with the laces.

Is it held in place by hook velcro against the suits "furry velcro" area? Hows the fit, is it pretty snug?

-Erik

Well... Sign me up for a pair... Im curious about the sizing and fit also, especially with thick socks. I have trouble fitting in 2x bigger-than-normal size Chuck-T's as it is.

Last edited:
The best thing is its narrower so you can use your existing fins! Think DUI turbo soles on steroids....and removable if you need something more substantial for the environment

The best thing is actually that you don't have to take your boots off! I love the ability to just step on the heel of my foot with the other foot, slide my foot out, and vice versa - just like a pair of vulcanized boots that are removable if you wanted to remove them.

Cheers,

How well do your feet actually go in the socks? I have size 10 feet and the attached sock would probably accommodate a size 13 or 14. How well does the extra lenght in the sock, both above and in front of the heel, adjust itself, keep from balling up, folding over, etc?

Ok...I have an update....

Your current Fusion socks must have a piece of velcro sewn into the outside suit for these to work. The problem is I bet none of you have this....its an inline change being done at the factory now, so all new suits will have this. Most likely, not many of you already have this though...

Soooooo.....Whites has an option going for this. I know alot of people have said the calves weren't big enough for them.....And with the socks being a high use area...

Whites recommends an MSRP of $190 plus shipping(both ways) and we can send your suit back to Whites, they will install new socks onto your suit(call for quote on your suit). The new sock bottom will be made of a 500 denier material vs 200 they are currently made of to toughen them up a bit....they don't need it, but why not. The new socks will be wider in the calf area, so it will be ALOT easier for you to get in and out of your suit. PLUS the new socks will have the velcro on them for the boots........

.......and the boots are included in the price :D

Talk about a sweet promo! You can get some updates done on your suit for not much more than the boots cost!

Its great to see Whites doing their best to keep the suit upgradeable!

Last edited:
^^

I'd be tempted if I wasn't so far away. And of course some evil bugger recently sold me a pair of fins that my evo's will fit into.

I GOTTA GET ME SOME OF THOSE!

Expect a call soon, Mike ... I still need to send mine back for pockets anyway (couldn't get it done before the cave trip, but I'm back now).

The promo, pockets and new boots will help me like this suit a LOT more ... especially for cave diving.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom