New wetsuit is awesome!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bearded_fire_worm

Registered
Reaction score
I finally dove with my new Cressi Castoro Plus 7mm wetsuit in some fairly cold water. Tried at first diving without gloves but my hands got cold fast so i just surfaced and got my gloves from my shore bag. Wow this suit was warm, i was toasty in it! I am 6'2" tall and 220lbs, the XXL pretty much seems as though it was made for me, no flushing at all, felt a little cold water enter in the back at the start after submerging but then nothing after it had warmed. Can't wait to try it in even colder water!
When this eventually needs replacing i'll definitely buy a Cressi again, maybe try the Atlantis or Alaska semi dry.

Last edited:
Nice, it's great when you find a wetsuit off the rack that both fits properly and keeps you warm. I unfortunately need to go custom due to being odd proportions. It's expensive.

Yeah it definitely is. This is my first wetsuit, i took a chance and ordered this on Ebay from Italy after reading the height, weight and measurement range (chest, waist, hips) for this suit. I believe with a North American manufacturer such as Bare i would fit an XL/tall. Hope this helps anyone contemplating buying a Cressi. They fit someone who is a touch on the slim side.

Where i live in Canada, there's not many dive shops. The closest one that has mostly Bare suits is a 3 hour drive to get there.
One question is, If i wanted to buy another layer for diving on the North Pacific Coast (i know a dry suit would be better) what should i buy?
A jacket to go over or maybe a shorty to go under?

A hooded vest under would probably be more practical assuming your suit will allow i.e it's not already skin tight.

I was meaning to look at my console at the little temperature gauge but i forgot and just looked at it for depth and tank pressure. It was definitely too cold for me to swim in and i usually can get into cool water that my kids and wife won't. We've had some cold weather here for a while, getting down to freezing at night so i'm really not sure. It is just a small lake that warms and cools fast. Will be going out sunday again and will look at the temperature for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom