New website - feedback required.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thai

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Last edited:
Hi Jon,

Just checked out your new site and loving the colours! Nice and vibrant and also really like the way you can make an enquiry from any page (using either the top navigation or the Enquire now buttons on sub-pages).

I was a little nervous when i went to the enquiry page and the 'package' dropdown gave me so many options. I say this because if i were inquiring about learning to dive, there are a lot of technical terms in there.

That being said, I felt very welcomed. The site gives a nice air of friendliness and I wish you all the best.

André

Hi Jon,

Just checked out your new site and loving the colours! Nice and vibrant and also really like the way you can make an enquiry from any page (using either the top navigation or the Enquire now buttons on sub-pages).

I was a little nervous when i went to the enquiry page and the 'package' dropdown gave me so many options. I say this because if i were inquiring about learning to dive, there are a lot of technical terms in there.

That being said, I felt very welcomed. The site gives a nice air of friendliness and I wish you all the best.

André

thank you very much for your feedback André, it really is appreciated! We have just changed the front page to include a video we have had made, and we will update the drop down menu soon. Any other ideas welcome! Thank you once again!

I did a quick reveiw of your site and I found it functional but rife with spelling errors and gramatical issues. I am also in the process of having my website designed and understand how difficult it is to get something you happy with.

Cheers,
Roger

I did a quick reveiw of your site and I found it functional but rife with spelling errors and gramatical issues. I am also in the process of having my website designed and understand how difficult it is to get something you happy with.

Cheers,
Roger

Hi Roger, do you have any examples of the 'rife' spelling and gramatical errors? We actually built this site from scratch and the spellchecker works as far as I can figure.

Hi Jon,
I was not trying to be negative I was truly just trying to offer you constructive criticism. Sorry if my use of the term "rife" offended you :(, I will show you two mistakes on your front page, one of which would not be caught by a spell checker but the other should have been.....

I will fix the rest of them if you deposit an agreed upon amount in my PAYPAL Account.. :)

First Page

All of our staff our PADI Instructors and above, 1st Aid trained and currently working on making our own distinctive PADI Speciality, the Reef Safari Guide.

So, whether you're a solo traveller, backpacker, adventure-traveller or family, we can offer you day trips, experiences or complete holiday packages. Thailand has a lot to offer everyone – great food, great scenery and of course, amazing diving on some of the planet’s most outstanding tropical reefs. Getting your PADI Open Water Diver, or just chilling out snorkelling on the reef for a day could not be in a more beautiful and relaxing location.

Cheers,
Roger

Hi Jon,
I was not trying to be negative I was truly just trying to offer you constructive criticism. Sorry if my use of the term "rife" offended you :(, I will show you two mistakes on your front page, one of which would not be caught by a spell checker but the other should have been.....

I will fix the rest of them if you deposit an agreed upon amount in my PAYPAL Account.. :)

First Page

All of our staff our PADI Instructors and above, 1st Aid trained and currently working on making our own distinctive PADI Speciality, the Reef Safari Guide.

So, whether you're a solo traveller, backpacker, adventure-traveller or family, we can offer you day trips, experiences or complete holiday packages. Thailand has a lot to offer everyone – great food, great scenery and of course, amazing diving on some of the planet’s most outstanding tropical reefs. Getting your PADI Open Water Diver, or just chilling out snorkelling on the reef for a day could not be in a more beautiful and relaxing location.

Cheers,
Roger

No offence taken Roger :D

'Snorkelling' is right if you intend to attract British clients, which is our intended market. We sometimes throw it in with one 'L' just for search engine optimisation but it primarily is the British spelling. Thanks for the feedback, it really all helps us get it right! It will soon be changing again as we upload new features, already there's a coral reef in 3D and a global positioning system for dive sites which we intend to populate as time goes on.

Regards
Jon

I also think the colors are really warm and attractive. Depending on how you're trying to market yourselves, I would consider changing the html banner on the left to move the large Project AWARE info down below your facebook and tripadvisor boxes. If you want to make sure everyone knows you're an active supporter of Project AWARE, by all means keep it tops, but if you want your FB and Tripadvisor boxes to get more play, I'd bump them above and become more visible. It might not be as attractive though, just a thought to kick around, if it looks unappealing nix the idea.

The search page could have a little more text content, probing people what they should be/could be searching for. Give them a few clues or suggestive guidance as to what they would need to search for, otherwise I see it as a whole page version of the little search box in the top right of browser.

Hope this didn't come off harsh, I have an easy time finding flaws and criticizing things and a much harder time pinpointing things I like. But overall I think it's a good page, a lot of good content if you're looking for it.

Back
Top Bottom