New VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a PM with Doug few weeks back on the firmware stuff and he is not up to speed on the latest changes in firmware. He did say they were considering putting a firmware update section on their website.

I don't know what your r1H would have compared to r1F.

However, I do notice a few changes on my brother's r2C (or D whatever it is) namely:
1. When at SEA level altitutude, it does not show "SEA". It just shows what mode you are in like "Normal, Guage, or Free". It only will display an altitude if you go to EL 2 or up.
2. Oceanic extended EL 2's starting altitude to 3,000 feet instead of the original 2,000 feet. I guess this was to address the fact that some computers were going to EL 2 at a much lesser altitude than they are supposed to. The altitude sensor is the same sensor as your depth sensor, and it is really calibrated to read depth accurately, not as much air altitude.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom