new to zen diver and want to learn to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robakun

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, Im new to this forum (and to diving). And just wanted to say hello. Im from sweden living in yasu, shiga right now and been thinking about getting a divers licens. Always wanted to dive but living in Sweden puts you off (unless you like ice cubes floating around :)). So now I looking around for somewhere to get a licens.
And since I found this site with all you wise divers living in Japan I thought it be a good place to ask about it. So here it comes: where,how and how much :).
Been looking around but only found places on Okinawa and in Tokyo (since my japanese aint all that good, I need to get my licens in english). So any advice and help you guys can give me will be greatly appriciated.

Thanx a bunch
Robert

You might persuade Thomas at JUE to give you lessons in Swedish, if he isn't too busy tech diving.

Jim at Discovery Divers Tokyo as well as myself (Matthew) at Mar Scuba are native English speakers.

We all have different pricing as our services and offerings are different.

I'll let the Okinawa boys pipe in themselves.

Well I'll welcome to the board and hope you enjoy your time here. The Zen Divers group are a very friendly and knowledgeable group, and I'm sure they'll be able to answer any questions you have.

If you're coming down to Okinawa and want to take any diving courses, or just go out on some fun dives, let me know and I'll try to sort something out for you. Courses will be done completely in English (with a bit of Yorkshire thrown in there for good measure!). Take it easy and welcome once again.

Ichariba choude (Okinawan dialect, meaning "Once we meet, we are brothers and sisters").

Welcome to the board!

Great diving down here in Okinawa though I hear there is great diving in Izu area as well. Best of luck getting certified, hopefully soon!

Hey Robert...
You are in Shiga-ken...near Kyoto? I used live down that way and used to go to Biwako once in a while.

I've often wondered if any foreigners were teaching in the Wakayama area. I think that is the big dive center down your way, but I've never seen any operations like up here (Foreign run).

Thanks for the intro Matt...

Welcome to Japan,

We could support your dive life here in Japan. You can enjoy four different underwater seasons and tropical Okinawa Islands.
Wakayama prefecture is popular dive site nearby your location as well.

Hey !!!
Thanks for all the warming welcomes and advices from all of you. GOt my diving sorted out, found a friendly swede (Thomas at JUE) that will take me under his wings in the summer and see to that I get certified :) Anyways looking forward to the summer an some nice warm weather!!

Wrong! I can only teach you. You have to earn the certificate! :eyebrow:

:) ah, the sad truth.....can a person never get anything for nothing in this cruel world :) ........ but I will endevor to do my best and earn this most precious certificate so I can enjoy the great wet!!

Back
Top Bottom