New to video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a great first underwater video! My advice would be ... when you think you are close enough to the fish, get closer. Also, do you have the option to manually focus? This would help in the shot of the divers giant striding in the beginning.

Great job ... keep at it.

I have been diving for quite some time now but last month, was my first attempt at underwater videography. Check this out an let me know what improvements I can make.

Thanks,

YouTube - Scuba Diving Cozumel with Rec Diving

I was looking to see what Ocean Images had to offer. The other option is that I have 2 Kinetics Light Cannons that I have diffusers for. I am creating a mount that will mount with adjustable arms I can clamp/mount on the top handle of the housing. If I use the light cannons then all I need to buy is C batteries on location and don't have to worry about lugging around the charger and batteries.

I've never used the Light Cannons for shooting video, but I have heard a lot of people have done just this with pretty good results.

Personally, I use a pair of Green Force Squid 100 HID lights.

Opinion - Love choice of music. Did not like slow, hazy beginning. Did like bubbles on mask perspective, very cool. Did like the diver drifting. Did like sharp image of coral. Did not like green, green, green, need more blue. Did like images with sharpness and variety of color and creatures. Did not like that some shots were much too far away.

Back
Top Bottom