New to the site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Killerflyingbugs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi, my name is Stephen and I'm a diveaholic.
Just wanted to introduce my self. I started diving when I was 10 and haven't stopped. I am in the water most days I dive from shore or a boat I'm not picky, and most of my diving is solo.

Welcome. I'm kind of the same, except started 11 years ago age 51, and it's just not as interesting by a long shot here, so I dive once weekly or so.

Welcome to SB! It's good to have someone with your volume of experience on here! I'm sure that you get quite a bit of diving in where you're located! Have you ever done any destination, or dare I say, cold water diving?

I dive every chance I get, If I go to long w/o getting wet I say my gills are drying out:)
When I was a hardhat diver I did a bit of cold water diving in the rivers of south Louisiana (32-34 deg F) wasn't really for me. It felt like I would never be warm again!
Never have had the chance to dive anywhere else.

*chorus "Hi Stephen!"

Welcome to the board

I dive every chance I get, If I go to long w/o getting wet I say my gills are drying out:)
When I was a hardhat diver I did a bit of cold water diving in the rivers of south Louisiana (32-34 deg F) wasn't really for me. It felt like I would never be warm again!
Never have had the chance to dive anywhere else.

Yeah, I would say that you have earned your "cold water card"! At least now you can enjoy the warm water and don't have to worry about those post dive chills(I hate those, myself).

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Yeah, I would say that you have earned your "cold water card"! At least now you can enjoy the warm water and don't have to worry about those post dive chills(I hate those, myself).

I HATE being cold, but I must admit the hot shower after being in the cold water is kinda awesome. So is the nap after :wink:

I too enjoy that hot shower at times, but my usual dives are to 30' or less. I see you have many more dives than me, but if you dive deeper aren't you worried about post dive hot showers and DCS?

howdy and welcome Stephen from your northern neighbor (ft. Liqueur-dale)....

I too enjoy that hot shower at times, but my usual dives are to 30' or less. I see you have many more dives than me, but if you dive deeper aren't you worried about post dive hot showers and DCS?

When I was doing the cold water stuff it was less than 20' for the most part so wasn't to concerned, in all honesty my biggest concern was weather I could find all my body parts after the time in cold water lol.

When I would dive deeper on the rigs when it was cold-ish (40-50 deg F) they all were deco dives and you don't do much in water deco offshore, it is 90% Sur d O2 (surface decompression on oxygen) so you are in a chamber for your deco so you can dry off and change and the hot shower comes a few hrs latter. If I could I would do all deco dry you can read a book and chill. :D

Thanks rushman it's good to talk to other SCUBA divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom