New to the Site and Diving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i_ahh

Reaction score
Hello!

I am pretty new to diving and am brand new to this site. I will be going scuba diving for the second time the day after Valentines day.

I am looking at getting Certified as I am currently looking at classes and costs. I look forward to chating with all of you....and am excitied to learn as much as I can about scuba diving.

Sincerly,

I_ahh =-)

It blowes my mind that you would even go diving with out being certified. How can you possibly know what to do in an emergency?

Blue Space,

I am diving at an idoor facility with certified instructors. There are 9 regulator that are suspended from the celiling. Myself and a couple of others wsed BCU's and recived some minimal training.

There is a group of us that are joiing up to take the certification class.

So it was not out in a Lake or Ocean.....it was in a Diving Pool with Certified Instructors.

But I must say it was the greaest thing ever. I have lifegaurded, competed in swim meets (when I was younger), and grew up with an ingroud pool in the backyard. But there was nothing like breathing underwater....even if it was in a Diving Pool.

Sorry for the Confusion,

I_ahh =-)

I was hooked the second I took a breath underwater in the pool during a "Discover Diving" class 15 years ago.

Welcome to the board. There are some great folks here ranging from instructors to beginners.

"Life is hard, its even harder if your stupid". Saw a poster of John Wayne with that saying many years ago.

Thought I was the only one who used that quote!!! Love it!

Have fun in your cert class:D

Welcome to the boards! On the subject my favorite Duke quote is: "Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom