New to the forum and would like some advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan24

New
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum so first of all hello! A bit about me first, i'm Dan, 21 (nearly 22) and live in Southampton. I did my junior PADI course when i moved back to the UK from France (lived there for 2 years or so) when i was 15. Absolutely loved diving and went every other weekend or so for around 6 months... Then i found out i had to have a mastoidectomy and was told to give up diving. I was distraught and have wanted to get back into it ever since. I'm now looking to go out to Australia next year for a couple of years and maybe look to make it permanent which has made me want to get back into diving even more. I've done a lot of reading online about going back to diving after a mastoidectomy but there's conflicting information out there. Ideally i'd like to go and see a dive doctor and be fully checked out and have a chat about it but they're hard to find! So i was wondering if any of you guys had any info or knew any dive doctors relatively local to me who would be willing to help? I'm literally willing to do anything to be able to dive again, my heart is really in it and i'd love to make some sort of career out of it out in australia doing some sort of marine conservation (had enough of electrics!).

I've seen there's several products out there which are designed to keep your ear dry when diving, as i understand the main issue is dizziness with temperature change when water enters the ear. The other problem is the higher chance of infection, but i've been swimming countless times since and never had an issue with infection. A couple of the products i've heard of are the ProEar 2000, and Docs Pro plugs.

Anyway i feel like i've gone on long enough. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Dan

When I have needed a dive medicine physician, the Divers Alert Network has guided me to she nearest diving doctor. I would suggest contacting DAN Europe to ask for a referral.

When I have needed a dive medicine physician, the Divers Alert Network has guided me to she nearest diving doctor. I would suggest contacting DAN Europe to ask for a referral.

I agree with this.

In addition, I have used Doc's pro plugs for years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

cheers for the replies. has anyone got a link to the actual search part of the DAN, i had a look on there and all i could seem to find was link to how to join or call out emergency doctors etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom