New to the family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judestudio

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a new pair of Force Fin Pro today. To my surprise, my size-5 hard sole booties (Seasoft Stealth), and size-6 drysuit boots fitted in the large size just ok. Before these, I've been using the Volo Powers and have been getting cramps all the time, I can't wait to try them out!

Now, any tips on how to work them to their full potentials? Proper kicking techniques for these babies? I'm no competitive swimmer, just a diver who doesn't like cramps.

Great to hear that the Large size PROS can be used with both your hard sole and drysuit boots! Cramps be gone! Some great reading is the The Truth About Dive Fins
Give the Force Fins a few dives before you really form an opinion. If you have used fins before you will have mental and physical conditioning that you will have to break through. For example you might believe the strain and stress on your ankles,knees and hips is normal and if it does not feel hard to push your fin through the water something is wrong.

The fact is the fin takes less energy to move through the water and therefore will feel different moving through the water. There is no real special techniques for the fin, but you will find the that the long steady strokes will be replaced by quicker and more rapid movements!

Have a great time in the water and please share some pictures when you can!
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/force-fin/227311-beginning.html

Glad to here that you have joined the club. Hope to hear back from you after your first couple of dives.

just swim like they weren't there at all and you'll move along quite nicely. If you drop your knee the power will disappear. So just swim as if you weren't wearing fins. A fairly straight leg kick with the power of the kick coming from your quads, hips, and abdominals will do the job. This drop knee kick is a very common problem that most fins require you to use and is terrible for physiologic efficiency. To help people break the mental and physical conditioning, I will ask the diver to swim (kick) the length of the pool without fins, sometimes I give them a kickboard. After they do a couple of laps, they'll put on the fins and tell them to think about the kick they were just doing and continue doing it. The kick doesn't change, just the frequency of the kick.

Forcefins has the exact opposite feel when compared to the Volos, With the ForceFin the power comes on the power stroke (aka down stroke) when you legs can produce the most power then the fin relaxes for the recovery stroke minimizing the load on your hamstrings and reducing fatigue. The Volos attempt to flex in a similar way to the ForceFin, but for me the simply fold in half leaving me to fight the fin through the recovery (up stroke).

Back
Top Bottom