New to the dive world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisdiver8897

Reaction score
# of dives
37 year old snorkeler looking to covert to diving after my last visit to Cozumel on vacation. just wondering about peoples thoughts on a 37 y/o in fair shape (can swim 300yds snorkel, fins, etc with no issues) starting to dive.

start yesterday its a great sport a lifelong sport enjoy hope to see you in the water

37? Heck, if I was 2X that I'd still start diving right now if I wasn't already diving. Late 50's, myself and still diving, and don't intend to stop for a very long time!

37 year old snorkeler looking to covert to diving after my last visit to Cozumel on vacation. just wondering about peoples thoughts on a 37 y/o in fair shape (can swim 300yds snorkel, fins, etc with no issues) starting to dive.

Call a local dive shop today and get started. You can take the course work and pool work, and then take the referral papers back to Cozumel and be certified in a week or two. Hurry, your down to your last 40 or 50 years of diving left. And you won't be setting any records for oldest diver. :D

I did my open water with a 78 year old and he did okay for his age. This was in Australia and he is planning on diving in Canada lol he is game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom