New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the boards! there are tons of great people here, and i am sure you will make some lovely friends :) with 20 years of diving experience, you must have lots of useful info and interesting stories to share with us.

what equipment are u currently using, and how long have they been with u? mine is still so new, but i've always got an eye on the new equipment, some of which are really tempting :wink:

I have a scuba pro reg. I am not sure what vest. The vest is fairly new but It doesn't fit very well. The equipment is about 15 years old or older so it's time to find new. Any suggestions on what's good out there now. I want to get busy and buy pretty soon. Got to be ready for the summer.

:jester: Does anyone have recommendations on equimpment.
I would like to buy a new dive computer, regulator and vest.
I have been out of the equipment market for a while and need
to know what's good out there. :confused: Thanks

Recomendations/opinions......

Yup, you'll find them here. Everyone seems partial to specific brands. If you do a search on the items your looking for you will find some very good info. From what I have read, most on this board like Suunto computers, ScubaPro & Apeks regs, and assorted BC's.

IMHO, the best thing is to do some homework. Read the posts here, read from other sources, go to the various dive shops around and try out some stuff and ask questions. I try to buy brands my LDS can service. Only you know what your needs are and what's comfortable for you.

I am looking at purchasing a new reg myself (I hear there's a new one coming out from Atomic) and I'll be trying out as many as I can. Santa was good to me and I got a new computer (not a Suunto!) which I have been researching for a while. I think it's hard to find bad equipment although I'm sure exists.

Just my .02 and there's plenty more to come.

ScubaDuke

Welcome to the Scubaboard ltd2, from warm and :sunny: Thailand.

HOpe you will find much enjoyment and interest in the boards, and share some of your own knowledge and experience.

Thanks for your warm welcome. Everyone has been so nice on here and I feel like I have already meant some great people.
Can't wait to meet some new buddies and get wet. Thanks. :)

Hi there, and welcome to one of the best places to spend your SI. The folks are friendly (though some are a wee bit unusual NOT that implying that the Swamp Team is unusual or anything hehehe

Glad to have you aboard. You came to the right place to meet Texans they seem to be everywhere on this board. I'm sure before long you too will have your NDI TSDT T-shirt like the rest of us.

Chad

i swear by suunto dive comp (i own a vyper), Apeks TX50/100 (though i own the Oceanic Delta III which runs smoothly), and Seaquest Diva for BCD - ladies BC though!

Most importantly, you must feel comfortable in/with your equipment, coz it's a heavy investment which can go a long way.

Before buying equipment, check out magazines such as Rodale which conduct tests, and the Equipment section of the boards. But the best of all is to ask your diving friends who are experienced divers - having tried all kinds of equipment in their long diving history, they will know what's hot and what's not - and if they have no hidden agenda in trying to profit from pushing a particular brand, they would be the best source of info.

have fun browsing around!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom