new to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnmyk

Registered
Reaction score
The thriving metropolis of Oakdale, California
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wanted to say "Hey" to everyone here and make myself known before making myself known as an ass.

Name's Michael and I've been diving since 1998. After four years of splashing around in the water, I decided to get my advanced open water cert just a couple of weeks ago.

I live in California which is quite nice. Dive one weekend then snow ski the next. Life is good.

I am also a card-carrying parotthead thanks to my father.

That's about it. If you really want to know anything else, go ahead and ask. I'm open to all.

Thanks and I hope to type to you all soon.
M

Welcome to the baords from the frozen Northeast!

I grew up in Sonora many years ago and became a Parrothead wannabe only this year. Must be senility!

Enjoy, there is a lot of good stuff here and you can ask a question without the fear of getting flamed.

cheers

Welcome to the Board! :wave:

Thank you all for the welcome mat.

Diverbouy - No real problem with run-off up here, but the water is cold and dark. Any run-off from the rivers (or anything else) really moves out of the bay and on out to the open water.

TwoBit - I will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Colonel - A new parrothead in the phlock! Phantastic! It does sneak up on you, doesn't it...
Sonora is quite the growing town now. Highways bypass the downtown and there's more than just the old Safeway. My dad lives in Groveland and goes to Sonora to do his shopping. He rarely has to deal with the flatlanders.

Right now is a great time to dive Monterey because the kelp has slowed down and the gray whales are migrating. You can hear them if you listen closely.

M

Back
Top Bottom