New to the board....from Utah!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone! I can't believe I haven't found this board until now. Nevertheless, glad to be here. It will be fun to do some research and learn about you all as well.

As for me, I live out in Utah and take dive trips with my wife every chance I get. Only have done about 52 ocean dives and we both have our Advanced open water, Nitrox and Stress & Rescue certifications. We have done dives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Big Island of Hawaii, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel, Belize (2 trips), and in one month we are headed to Roatan for our first time. Pretty excited! We love the typical reef dives, but lately I've been somewhat fascinated with shipwrecks. My wife has a fond love of sharks and we will be doing the shark dive down in Roatan here soon. Can't wait to find out where we end up next!

Cheers you guys!

howdy and welcome........is there any local diving in your part of the world ?

Welcome to the board. I know you'll enjoy Roatan.

@ismrushman, there's plenty of warm water, hot water and even cold water diving. Sometimes we add some visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's all high altitude. But yes, up in the mountains out by Park City there is a huge clear hot spring called The Midway Crater. There is a place called Sand Hollow Reservoir that can be quite murky, but they've intentionally sunk cessna, a VW Bus and there's a buoyancy course that's fun to play around on. Seabase is out in the middle of the desert, but they have huge angel fish, nurse sharks, rays and a bunch of other tropical fish. Visibility greatly varies and is mostly murky. So not that great of diving options here in Utah. That's why I'm always jumping a plane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom