New to the board from No. California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquagal

Reaction score
Greetings from Northern California!

I'm returning to scubadiving after a 5 year absence. I only dove 4 times after my initial certification so I repeated the basic course again. I'm so glad I did! The class was so much fun! I met some cool people and our instructor was fantastic. My first class 5 years ago was very good too but I was cold and uncomfortable in the rented wetsuit. This time I bought my wetsuit and was perfectly comfortable -- the water was warmer this time too, 57 F.

We did our checkout dives in Monterey CA. Beautiful weather both days once the fog cleared. Our first day we dove San Carlos beach (AKA the Breakwater) and the vis was only 5-7 feet. The second day we dove at the Coral street beach. We had 30 feet vis and it wasn't crowded.

The harbor seals nibbled at our fins and there was soooo much to see. I can't remember all the names of the critters and plant life but our instructor brought a bunch of books we used to identify what we saw. Our instructor is also a marine biologist and she knew exactly what we were describing.

I'm signed up for a Cozumel trip in mid-August and plan to do more diving in the Monterey bay.

I'm learning so much from the postings at Scubaboard too!

Best,

Luisa

Welcome to the board, glad to hear from a N. Cal diver. I will be moving back to the bay area in the next year or two, just trying to get as much warm water diving done as possible before moving back to civilization.:)

welcome to the board aquagal, nice that you gave scuba a go again
:)

Welcome to the boards!!

Glad your back in the water,

I hope I never have a five year absence.
:confused:
It isn't catchy, is it??

Have yet to dive upstate, but I hear it's lovely! Glad u r back in the underwater family. Have you ever tried Jade Cove?

Welcome to the boards, and welcome back to diving!! :)

Kayla:)

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here and Dive Safe.....................Arduous

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom