New to Scubasource

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

80Lepard

Reaction score
Greetings to all on Scubasource. This is my first posting.

I have been diving for 6 months. Certification level is PADI advanced open water. I live in South East Louisiana and do most of my diving off the FLA panhandle on wrecks.

Hope to chat with many of the Scubasource members.

And welcome to Scuba Board. :hi: I'd love to hear more about wreck diving in the Florida Panhandle?! I've done the Keys wrecks a few times, and will again in '04, but you opened a new idea for me. Think they'll get the carrier there....?

don

Its the best diving I have ever done, but, its the only diving I have ever done.

Panama City seems to tbe the best location, Hydrospace Dive Shop runs the Island Diver. Its a 75' converted steel workboat which used to service the wells in the Gulf. Big and heavy enough to handle some large waves without getting everone on board sea sick.

More wrecks than you can count. I think its 20+ and growing. They are sinking everthing they can lay their hands on for fishing and diving. Barges, bridge spans, etc. Even an old weather platform called Stage 1.

I am going this weekend. On Friday, a buddy and I will go to Vortex Springs. A natural spring which is about 300' across and 50-60 ft deep. Great way to log some dives, practice skills and checkout equipment.

Then we will do a 3 tank trip on Sat and a 2 tank trip on Sunday with Hydrospace.

Water is still in mid to low 70's. Visability is about 60' in cooler weather but in the summer it can be as low a 20-30' because of growth in the water and wash out from the rivers.

Lots of fun, you should try it some time. Check out some Photos at

http://www.diveatcoralreef.com/pages/1/index.htm

Welcome, I have only been on the board a couple of days and I have already learned tons! You'll love it here.

Welcome to the board.....I'm sure you'll have a great time here.

A word of caution......just because you read something here, doesn't make it true. Try to get a concensus opinion.

DSAO!

Welcome 80Lepard! I think you'll find lots of friendly members to chat with here. Lots of great people and advice.

I'm also new to this site. My name is Dominique and I live in Los Angeles. I received my OW certification just last weekend, and I too am looking forward to making new Dive friends.

Let's chat!!!

Back
Top Bottom