New to scubaboard and need help :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles80

New
Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone experienced their lever on the i3 control snapping? My bc was in good nick before this happened! What can I do? Bc is more than 5 years old but less than 10, lots of dives and looks like new as well cared for and maintained. Took to service shop in Manila and they said they cannot get part to fix (they are certified for aqualung servicing).

Hi, Has anyone experienced their lever on the i3 control snapping? My bc was in good nick before this happened! What can I do? Bc is more than 5 years old but less than 10, lots of dives and looks like new as well cared for and maintained. Took to service shop in Manila and they said they cannot get part to fix (they are certified for aqualung servicing).

Welcome!

I can't help you directly, but I suggest you post your question in the Aqua Lung sub-forum with a title that describes your issue to get the best chance for accurate help.

Since an I3 is proprietary I believe only an Aqualung dealer can get parts/make repairs.

Any other Aqualung dealers you can contact locally?

I have seen an I3 bc once with a conventional inflator on it - which afaik disabled the I3 inflator manual tube but in their case the lever still functioned.

I think you'd also have to change the pull dumps unless yours have pull-strings on them also.

The lever should be pulled apart yearly and the inflator valve core replaced. These work great, but you have to upkeep them. Take it to a dealer and they should be able to fix it for you.

Thanks all. Shop here is authorised aqualung dealer and servicer but apparently can't source part here in Manila. I may have to try aqualung direct and see if they can do anything (replace with shoulder inflator etc. I do have pull ropes on the dumps, save for 1 flat evalve.

Thanks all. Shop here is authorised aqualung dealer and servicer but apparently can't source part here in Manila. I may have to try aqualung direct and see if they can do anything (replace with shoulder inflator etc. I do have pull ropes on the dumps, save for 1 flat evalve.
Apparently you started two identical threads today. (moderators, can threads be merged?)
I answered your question on the other one.
I3 lever snapped - what can be done?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom