New To Scubaboard and Diving...!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogblues64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wanted to say hey, and make my entrance formal.. :) I am very new to diving, infact.. I'm finishing up my cert this weekend and can't wait. I live in Key West, FL and have snokeled for years, but decided to take it to the ultimate level and get certified for Scuba!

I've been studying my PADI Book for Open Water Cert all week, not to mention all the research online I have been doing and equiptment shopping. Finally got all my gear and now it's time to take a look at that bottom!

This looks like a great site and plan on making some friends and maybe even dive buddies.

I'm also a boater, with my own Bayliner 21.5' with a thurst for fuel.. LOL!

Ken

Picture153.jpg

Hi Ken, welcome to :sblogo:

When do you plan on taking up them classes? Nice boat btw. If ever I'm in the Key West area maybe you can show me what it's capable of. Maybe find a few good local dive sites and make a day out of it.

Cya around the boards...

Congrats on your certification... and welcome to the board!!

:admingreet:

Thanks guys... book work is done, pool on Sat and Open Water on Sun! Been getting my BCD in shape, adjusted.. soaked the tank straps so they will stretch.. checked all the loops and fastener.. check the OPV Valves (which were loose).. restrung my quick releases just to do it.. stream-lined all my hoses, gauges, octo...

BCD.. Zeagle Stiletto
Reg and Octos.. Zeagle Envoy
Tank.. 80 cu ft Aluminum

My upgrades will be getting rid of the Octo and going with the H2Odyssey (totally independent spare air)
Loose the gauges and go with the wrist computer w/transmitter

Any advise.. please share..!!

Ken

Back
Top Bottom