new to scuba...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tegii

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I'm new to scuba only have the pool dive so far...hopefully soon I get my cert.
June 8 and June 29 are my 2 open water dives...really excited I'm from Connecticut Windham area....ive been wanting to take the class for long time since I have saltwater fish tanks with many different corals...

Welcome to the sport! Hope you consider local diving in New England too. Great sites (both fresh and salt) all over around here!

Hello. Diving is amazing and more addicting than crack. I actually started my marine tank due to the lengthy intervals between dive trips. I'd ditch it in a heart beat if I could move to our coast (NC) or somewhere tropical.

howdy and welcome to the underwater world.

Tnx..and yes I will be diving in new England...i already have most of my stuff..I went with the fourth element semi dry suit 7mm the 5mm forth element gloves, fourth element hood I think 3mm, fourth element thermal vest, neo sport 5mm boots, i-tourch light with wrist mount, regulator and octopus, fins, mask, dry snorkel, dive knife, dive flag, and a few misc stuff...i really want to do wreck, night, cave and spear fishing...next things I want to get is a bcd and in expensive one for now then later on I want to get a bp/w and a dive computer..any suggestions for that or anything else I would need for new England diving??

Don't have enough money for it right now...cause the one I want is the scubapro x tek

Let me pass on the sage advice that was given to me. Pass on the scuba pro gear. Or at least consider the option of passing and maybe looking at something simpler like this: https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?page=rigs. I was asking about BP/W options earlier this week here: my thread. Also if you search there are many other similar threads and most of the conclusions from folks who've been doing this for years come to pretty much the same conclusion. Simple is cheaper, more customizable and adaptable and will require less weight to compensate for. Something to think about. Of course it's your money and you are free to do as you please. :)

If you like shoot me a PM and I'll send you the illustrated article I wrote on BPW's for new divers. I need an email as the file is too big to pm or post here. In short there are a number of BPW systems that are far less expensive and arguably more well thought out than the x tek line. They are put out by companies with a vested interest in meeting the needs of technically oriented divers. Rather than a primarily recreational gear company that does not seem to understand the needs, wants, and lack of desire for useless bling and overengineering of products. A plate is a plate for the most part. A simple harness with four or maybe five drings, and a wing with a durable cover and bladder. That is all you need. And you can do that quite easily for around $400.00 complete. Compare that with the price of what you thought a good rig would run you. Or from the line you were considering.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom