New to Scuba Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris21

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone. I am looking for some new fins. Ideally I would like a pair of split fins with spring straps. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any advise on brands and models would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Chris

I am looking for some new fins. Ideally I would like a pair of split fins with spring straps. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any advise on brands and models would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

canofworms1.jpg

Question for you:

Do you have any particular reason why you would "ideally like split fins"?

As a newbee I purchased Scubapro twin jets as recommended by the dive shop where I trained. I couldn't get out of my own way in them. A friend of mine was kind enough to GIVE me a pair of regular Scubapro jet fins. I have so much more power with them. I am not diving to fin like crazy or anything of the sort. I just no longer feel like I have spaghetti on my feet when I dive. I know nothing about spring straps.

Oh....welcome to scubaboard!:D

Hello everyone. I am looking for some new fins. Ideally I would like a pair of split fins with spring straps. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any advise on brands and models would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Chris

I've got a pair of Atomic Split Fins w/ Spring Straps for sale here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...s-l-w-spring-straps-dive-alert-plus-dp3x.html

I dove them for a couple years and they're great fins for recreational diving. They wouldn't work for the technical diving I'm doing today so I'm selling them.

Regards, Dave.

Back
Top Bottom