New to photo ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am new to photo and my current setup is Panasonic TS2 with housing and a Sea&Sea YS-01. I am new to everything and will be going to Jamaica next Sat. I know to set my strobe to ttl and set the adjustment to 3/4 full and whether the subject is to bright to turn it down and if it is to dark to turn it up. What I need help is with some basic settings for the camera. I usually just am the type of person who leaves the camera on auto and let the camera do the adjustments. What are some basic settings to set and what do they do? I know this is a broad question but I am learning and would love some help. Thanks in advance!

I am new to photo and my current setup is Panasonic TS2 with housing and a Sea&Sea YS-01. I am new to everything and will be going to Jamaica next Sat. I know to set my strobe to ttl and set the adjustment to 3/4 full and whether the subject is to bright to turn it down and if it is to dark to turn it up. What I need help is with some basic settings for the camera. I usually just am the type of person who leaves the camera on auto and let the camera do the adjustments. What are some basic settings to set and what do they do? I know this is a broad question but I am learning and would love some help. Thanks in advance!

If you're in ttl (and your camera supports it) then you shouldn't need to adjust the power on your YS01 at all.
If you have manual settings available and you are shooting macro I would set things at f-8 and 125 with the iso at 80 or 100 and see how that looks.

Plus make sure you're shooting RAW files so you can make adjustments to WB, ect. at home.

what is F-8 and 125? I am really new at this i am assuming the 125 is the shutterspeed

I dont think my camera has the option RAW but I can change the WB on the camera

Sorry, you're right I was thinking about the Pan LX3

I am having trouble learning how to set the aperture anyone use a Panasionic P&S

??Shoot in Av mode & basically vary just the F-stop, 5+ down to 2+.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom