New to Pacific Northwest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erab6f

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I am a new diver and I just moved out here to Washington, in Pullman, and I was wondering is it very hard to learn to use a dry suit? I only have my open water dives, and I was wondering if there are any warm diving spots in Idaho, Montana, Washington, or Oregon. The only place I have dived is the Homestead Crater in Utah which was pretty nice. Let me know, Thanks erab6f

It isn't hard to use a drysuit. In fact I only did my 4 open water dives in a wetsuit before I went dry.

It isn't hard to learn to use a drysuit but I highly recommend taking a class. It might also give you the chance to try out a couple drysuits before buying one.

As far as warm water... Uh, hm. Pick any freshwater lake on the warmest day of the summer and dive only above the thermocline (usually the first couple of feet). Enjoy. :D

g2:
It isn't hard to learn to use a drysuit but I highly recommend taking a class. It might also give you the chance to try out a couple drysuits before buying one.

I agree with both points. Take the class and use several brands of suits before you spend the money for your own suit. Many shops rent drysuits.

I got certified in a dry suit! They're expensive, but they open up a ton of diving to you in the PNW.

You might PM Rick Inman . . . He lives in Spokane and there's a pretty active dive club there. He can help you with local sites for diving.

Back
Top Bottom