New to Houston, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jheil82

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone. I just moved to Houston for a new job and am looking forward to getting in the water. I'm originally from the Boston area, so it may take me some time to get use to the (slightly) warmer weather, but I'll manage. I'm looking at a trip to the Flower Gardens later in March to tie me over until I can plan a real (week long) dive vacation later on this spring or summer.

Please let me know if you have any other diving suggestions for the area or just something to do on the weekend.

I hope to meet some new dive buddies in the near future.

Happy diving,
Jeff

Welcome to Texas, I know where you can meet a lot of dive buddies and get in on trips just about every month. (See my signature line)

Welcome to Texas Jeff. You should have no problem hooking up with dive buddies in Houston.

One of the nice things you'll find about being down here is that its easy to get to caribbean diving. Cozumel is just a couple of hours away. Additionally, you're about a days drive from Floridia diving. And if you want some serious adventure, head on over to Austin and dive whats Left of lake Travis with us.

jheil82:
I'm originally from the Boston area, so it may take me some time to get use to the (slightly) warmer weather, but I'll manage.

Happy diving,
Jeff

BWHAHAHA!!!

Too funny, it's only February my naive Yankee... And, let's see you manage mosquitos that are the size of your hand!

Hee-hee-ha-ha-ha...

daniel f aleman:
BWHAHAHA!!!

Too funny, it's only February my naive Yankee... And, let's see you manage mosquitos that are the size of your hand!

Hee-hee-ha-ha-ha...

Jeff
these mosquitos are no more of a problem to deal with than finding oneself in Roxbury, Mass at 1:AM just run like hell if my memory serves me correctly.

Welcome to Texas The land of no State income Tax
Dave

Teknadv3x:
Welcome to Texas The land of no State income Tax
Dave

Yep, and you get what you pay for :)

Teknavd3X, you are right about the Roxbuy thing, lived there for 2 years while I was in school.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom