New to GoPro video in Kingston. Ontario, Canada.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually liked the green feel of the video, def gave that "eerie" feel.

which Gopro did you use? Cuz I noticed some distortion in the corners like the old "fisheye dome" housings.

Editing is you're friend, I like to try and keep my videos under 5 min. Helps the audience focus more.

and the head strap mount makes for a little disorienting view.

overall I really love the wreck and you could get some really stunning video of it with practice. I'd look into a green filter if you'll be diving in that type of water.

next on the list is a trip to the stacked hulls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3d4M5pf0Yw

getting better!

1) what happened at 00:29? The color balance shifted, did you only correct that segment as a test?

2) the "fast forward" effect is hard to use under water, IMO it requires that the horizon stay level and you zoom toward a fixed point in the distance... Kinda like the camera is on a fixed track, eg Travelling down an anchor or decent line. A better effect might be fade to black then cut back in.

3) and the wide angle edges are distorting the lines of the wreck. Med fov might remedy this.

53 degrees? Yikes but def looks like some historically interesting sites!

I am new to editing, but it a lot like editing writing, nobody wants to cut their baby. Try to focus on scenes that drive the narrative. The surface shots right at the start of the video sets the scene. Going down the anchor line takes the viewer to the setting of the story. A fly by of the stern or bridge is great, but how long should it be? Look just for that moment when you felt like "this is the best feeling I felt on the whole dive" and delete everything else. Cut to the scene where you are heading back up anchor line, fade to black. Add music to set the mood. A red filter to add more color might be a good investment, mine was $30 at the LDS. The sites are interesting and have some history, why not add some commentary about that? When did she sink, what were the circumstances? what was her cargo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom