New to Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A most auspcious beginning, I must say! I want to wish you and yours the very best in your future excursions!

My latest bon mot:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do about pesky remoras." -- Barnacle Ben, who incidentally had four horses and three Red Cross nurses shot out from under him in the Trojan War.

Later,

Bimini Zane
BiminiZane@aol.com

Hey BZ - I know what you mean about pesky remoras! I wear a shorty and if ever there is one around, it will undoubtedly try to attach itself to my bare skin as I'm the only one in my group who is not covered from neck to toe.... and it HURTS!

Hey, Alison! I have it on the highest authority that they are particularly drawn to those diving without buddies, what with their inherent concern for diver safety. My problem with them has been in training them to attach in the correct position for maximum thrills.

All seriousness aside, I was diving Hawksbill Reef off Bimini last month when one repeatedly attempted to attach itself to a comely young lass who, unfortunately, had never seen one prior, and was duly convinced it was a Great White, or at least that's what she was sreaming when she broke the surface like a Polaris Missile.

Later that evening, at the Compleat Angler, she sought to medicate herself with mass dosages of the world-renowned cure-all, Kalik, whereupon she subsequently missed the next day's dive trip, much to the chagrin of both myself and the dive crew, who hadn't been so well-entertained since we convinced an aspiring young diver, a geology student, that, Yes, Atlantis was indeed more than legend, and "Yes, for a price, we can take you there."

Dived the St. Lawrence this past weekend, and I must say, it's getting a mite chilly. I'll feel better when I'm back on Bimini on the 17th, and I'll of course, feel pity beyond comprehension for those of you remaining up north for the winter, watching it snow.

Cheers,

Bimini Zane

P.S. I've decided to stake my claim to one of the out islands near Cat Cay, and have christened my new island, "MyAssIsTan," not to be confused with that other country in the MidEast.

I laughed at the vision of your diver thinking the remora was a Great White - it must have been a big sucker....

as for training them to stick in the right places... LOL and nope, try as I might, I can't see how it would be possible to get any pleasure out of that - it feels like extra-strength sandpaper.... (maybe that's just me?? :p)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom