New to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello All
I just moved to Florida from Texas.
Talk about stepping up in the world of diving.
I am in Gainesville FL
I hear that there is a lot of great diving.
Can't wait to get in the water.
Unfortunately I don't have any dive buddies here yet...
Looks like Chalrie ruined this weekend for diving.

Howdy! and welcome to Florida and the ScubaBoard..... This is the perfect place to get any info you might be searching for and also to meet a ton of people (dive buddies!!) You should come down to the Pompano area with the Florida Conch Divers for the Reef ID class being helg on Sep. 4 & 5. There will be a ton of us hanging out and loads of diving.. check out the thread, we'd love to have ya!

Reef Id class

Tally Ho! & Salutations! - Whenever you get the urge to dive post the where, adn when and the board always has someone going...

Welcome to Fl. As you may have noticed it gets a bit wendy here from time to time. Now Go dive man

Welcome to Florida. Lucky you....some of Florida's best spring diving is right in your backyard. Saturday and Sunday were great days for diving near Gainesville since Charlie decided to change his path. Just a little rain above the surface, but nothing severe enough to prevent us from getting wet below the surface! :) No worries, though...you'll soon find that there is ample opportunity (and a wide selection of dive buddies) on SB for you to pursue diving here in Florida.

Welcome to Florida and the Conch Divers.

To find buddies for a particular dive, just go to the Private Trips folder and see if you see a dive that strikes your fancy. All of them are open to the public. ("Private" in this context means non-commercial.) And if you don't see a dive site that interests you, start a thread, including the site name and date in the header, and you'll usually find a group to dive with.

Hope to cross paths underwater,
Grier

mgersch@cox.net:
SNIP...I am in Gainesville FL
Welcome! I moved from San Diego to Gainesville for my masters and unfortunately only did a few cavern dives while there. I wish I had taken more advantage of the many springs. Unfortunately, you're quite a way from ocean diving up there but fortunately you should be able to hook up with a school or group to explore cavern diving. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

A great outdoor-activity civic organization in Gainesville is the Florida Trail Association (headquartered there with chapers throughout the state). They don't often dive but they do everything else - bike, kayak, canoe, hike, etc. You might look them up, and if you have any free time they LOVE volunteers.

Tell Judy Trotta that former volunteer Mike Jacobs says 'hi' and ask her to set you up: 352-378-8823 or 877-445-3352.

Wow, the Florida Trail Association doesn't arrange all of that here in Orlando. Our chapter only does little hikes! I guess the members here are a little too old for kayaking and mountain-biking. :(

MikeJacobs:
Welcome! I moved from San Diego to Gainesville for my masters and unfortunately only did a few cavern dives while there. I wish I had taken more advantage of the many springs. Unfortunately, you're quite a way from ocean diving up there but fortunately you should be able to hook up with a school or group to explore cavern diving. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

A great outdoor-activity civic organization in Gainesville is the Florida Trail Association (headquartered there with chapers throughout the state). They don't often dive but they do everything else - bike, kayak, canoe, hike, etc. You might look them up, and if you have any free time they LOVE volunteers.

Tell Judy Trotta that former volunteer Mike Jacobs says 'hi' and ask her to set you up: 352-378-8823 or 877-445-3352.

Also if you are interested in dry caving you can contact the Florida Speleological Society at www.caves.com/fss. They are out of Gainesville.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom