New to Dry Suit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gbams28:
Hi there,

I recently started diving with a dry suit, after 18 months in a wet suit.

However, I have one major problem. My suit has both the internal seals and fitted gloves. I wish to keep the internal seals, as a safety feature, but I find that the air does not circulate to the hands and as a consequence they become rather cold when I am below 10M's.

Does anybody have any recommendations for alowing the air to circulate whilst keeping the internal seals intact?

Thanks in advance,

RT

You can also opt to remove the inner wrist seal. I dive with an open wrist and Diving Concepts snap ring system. The advantage is free travel of air. The disadvantage is, if you rip your glove or do something to cause it to pop off, your suit will flood. Different gloves systems come off harder. With my gloves, I would need to hit my wrist seal on something solid in such a way it snapped the glove off. The gloves do not come off from air in your suit when you raise your hands up. I decided the advantage of no squeeze and free air flow outweighed the risk of a punctured glove or glove removal. You need to be careful about ripping dry gloves more so than with wet gloves of course.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom