New to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptSaaz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heya's.... just wanted to say hello and hopefully get some good info on the areas dives. I go for my OW this weekend and have a buddy from the class to do a few dives with in Sept. We're both from Long Island and we will be hitting the beaches soon.
Cheers, Dan

CaptSaaz:
Heya's.... just wanted to say hello and hopefully get some good info on the areas dives. I go for my OW this weekend and have a buddy from the class to do a few dives with in Sept. We're both from Long Island and we will be hitting the beaches soon.
Cheers, Dan

BTW good luck on your OW dives. It sounds like there is going to be a few people out there, Jeff and his class as well as Adam.

Hey Lou,
Yup, 18 of us... one guy slept through his alarm and showed up just before we finished so they were nice enough to do his two dives. And we all get to this again tomorrow. Whoohoo!

We didn't get rained on this morning but the clouds kept the sun away so no one overheated walking aroud in 7mm wet suits.

CaptSaaz:
Hey Lou,
Yup, 18 of us... one guy slept through his alarm and showed up just before we finished so they were nice enough to do his two dives. And we all get to this again tomorrow. Whoohoo!

We didn't get rained on this morning but the clouds kept the sun away so no one overheated walking aroud in 7mm wet suits.

good to see you got some in.
I am confused by the time listed for your post. It shows 11:47 am . I can't imagine you were finsihed that early and home and on the computer that soon.

Maybe its not local time.

By now, you should have finsihed your Sunday skills.
I hope Congratulations are in order.

Probably on west coast time...

Yeah, we are all finished and certified! :dazzler1:

We went up to Cedar Beach again this morning but a wind out of the north produced alot of surf... a quick discussion and we motored down to Oak Beach. Visibility was less than a foot but enough that we got our requirements done.

Now to get some diving done!

congrats on your cerification! Welcome to the world of Diving!

CaptSaaz:
Probably on west coast time...

Yeah, we are all finished and certified! :dazzler1:

We went up to Cedar Beach again this morning but a wind out of the north produced alot of surf... a quick discussion and we motored down to Oak Beach. Visibility was less than a foot but enough that we got our requirements done.

Now to get some diving done!

Hope you don't get addicted.
I got out on Thursday, and today was cancelled due to mechanical problems..
I probably won't get out the balance of this week, and next weekend is out (goin on a cruise till Thurs). So I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms.

Took a quick look at the njscuba site while at work.. looks like a ton of info.. great job! I'll have to spend more time on it at home.

Lou, I thought this was all about addiction? Gonna try and get some beach dives in while the water is warm <relative term> and Adam all ready asked a few of us if we are interested in advanced classes which we all said yes to. I'll see how much I can get in... life is busy so I'll have to grab every opportunity I can for now.

I can resist anything except temptation. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom