New to diving, PADI OpenWater Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jakey, I only just got qualified feb so no experience but it was the most peaceful relaxing thing I ever did. I was very nervous standing on the edge of the boat looking down but once in the water it was fantastic. I did get a bit nervous again when I saw a forest of kelp ( it looked like a forest to me and thoughts of entanglement started) but just floating around looking around seeing all the animals. It was relaxing and something I wish I had done 10 years ago. Also I have met some new friends and hope to go diving again soon, it's very addictive the big blue. I'm only an hour and half from Melbourne if I can be of assistance.

Sorry for the late reply again!

You guys are amazing!
I still think if I get in my mood underwater I may do something stupid.

I don't want you guys to be apart of my crap and make you feel like crap or be pressured or anything like that sorry!

Just thought to let you know

Don't feel bad at all, whenever someone offers knowing someones predisposed anxiety that lays on their shoulders, not yours! Don't worry about others and just have fun and take it slow if you decide to do this again. I'm not sure where you got with your diving because it doesn't mention it but maybe take a light dive with a private scuba instructor and a friend as your buddy, explain your issues and make sure you're comfortable and having fun. It might lead to something, it may not- all that might need to happen is a bit of research about sharks and whichever other factors that make you nervous to learn the true dangers of underwater. Honestly, the most dangerous thing I think I'll ever personally encounter is gear mishaps even when diving in foreign environments, and that's why I dive with a buddy. You just have to be as smart with the wildlife above land as you are below it, they don't "hunt you" if you don't them.

I find personally that you tend to be safer in the water than driving on the road. Try a "discover scuba" like 261311 suggested since there is no stress about passing anything. Definitely research about sharks etc. most animals will either ignore you or go away from you unless you provoke them 1st. You wouldn't pull a cat's tail without expecting to get scratched or bitten. Like me and a few others have mentioned, the ocean and all it's wonders helps when i get depressed. Seeing the ladies in the bikinis on the beach is good too. like the fishies, they are just part of the scenery to enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom