New to Diving - need Digital Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aostrows

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi folks -

My husband has been certified for a few years and I just got certified this past year. We dive rather infrequently and are traveling to Tahiti in October so I'd like to purchase an underwater digital camera. We don't really want to spend more than $300 - 400. Our other option is getting a housing unit for our Sony camera. What are your thoughts in comparison? Should we just get a digital underwater or get the housing unit? If we go with digital underwater is there one that is recommended in our price range? As we don't dive too often we aren't going to spend exorbitant amounts of money on the camera but do want good quality pictures for when we do use it.

Thanks for your help!

Amanda:D

It really depends on what you want out of your UW photo experience. If you just want snapshots of you & the hubby UW, and maybe some scenic shots, then just get the housing for the camera that you already have. The main advantages of this are cost and that you already have and know the camera.

If you want more than that, It's really hard to suggest what to do without knowing what camera you already have and what it's capabilities are (not to mention what you want out of UW photography).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom