New To diving! Have some gear questions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dude...enjoy your gear and just dive dive dive....then you'll know what you want...enjoy the underwater world.

Rhwestfall, you don't have to be rude. Everybody else on here has responded knowledgeably and respectfully. This is my first dive forum and first post and seeing your response is highly discouraging and I hope a misrepresentation of the other divers on this forum.

Rhwestfall, you don't have to be rude. Everybody else on here has responded knowledgeably and respectfully. This is my first dive forum and first post and seeing your response is highly discouraging and I hope a misrepresentation of the other divers on this forum.

You bought it, then ask about it...... what was that solving?

As others have said, enjoy what you have. Not particularly choices many would have made if the choice was theirs to make. And your immediate future classes may show that. You will define your needs as you progress.

It's not that I didn't do any research of my own. I did plenty and asked around to many other experienced divers. I was just looking for more opinions and I had thought that this would be a good place to ask, as the LDS I purchased from recommended I join.

Wyzant27, you'll see about as many opinions of gear configurations as there are people on here, so don't get discouraged by others. As some previous posters have mentioned just get out and enjoy your new gear. I am sure that down the road you may decide to change your configuration here and there and may even regret some of your purchases. But you are not alone, most of us have been through that.

As several others have stated...only by diving can you determine what your true wants and needs are. And yes, what you spend money on now, is not necessarily what you will want or need a year or two from now. Most everyone buys gear only to sell it and get something else later. That's just part of the experience :) Just have fun with your gear and have a great time learning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom